Welcome to The OhioMeansJobs Medina County!
We help job seekers identify and overcome employment barriers.
We can help job seekers find employment goals by providing free services including:
VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS Join our Workshop Instructor as he walks through numerous topics including Applicant Tracking Systems, Resumes, Interviewing, and more! We are always adding/updating the content offered here so check back often!
GET STARTED WITH Open Registration! It’s the first step to participate in our workshops and classes at OhioMeansJobs Medina County.
OhioMeansJobs.com Is Ohio’s online job matching website which is a gateway to local, regional and state employment. This is a free state service to employers and job seekers. The “One-Stop Center can provide assistance to both the job seeker and employer in the exploration and use of this service.
One-on-One Career Counseling Meet one-on-one with an experienced Career Counselor who can guide you through the unemployment process including career assessment, interview preparation and career coaching.
Our Resource Room – OhioMeansJobs Medina County offers job seekers free use of free Internet-connected computers for job searching, job application completion, and resume submission in our Resource Room. We can also make copies and send faxes. Disability services are provided upon request.
Job Matching Services – Our Center has created a “job matching system” by entering all of our registered job seeker’s resumes into a database where employers can review and identify potential employees.
Workshops and Classes
Our classes and workshops provide job seekers with the skills necessary to find gainful employment. Please see list below and link to sign up.
- Resumes: Your Professional Roadmap – The class will discuss how to use a resume as a marketing tool that bests represents you. We will
- OMJ Center Orientation – Receive an overview of services offered by partners located at OhioMeansJobs Medina County, register for WIOA Career Services, create an OMJ profile, and upload your résumé to OhioMeansJobs.com so that employers can find you. Next, meet with
our team to discuss your most immediate job search needs.
What to bring:
1. Two (2) forms of valid ID
2. Electronic résumé. If you do not have a résumé, we will need to create one for you.
3. DD‐214 – if you are a Veteran
4. Unemployment Determination Letter if receiving or exhausted UI benefits
5. OhioMeansJobs.com username and password
- Career Workshop – This three‐day workshop covers important aspects of an effective job‐search strategy, including resumes, interviewing, and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). Participants who
complete Career Workshop are then paired with an Employment Specialist to provide individualized career assistance to them throughout their job search.
- Navigating OhioMeansJobs.com – Learn about the usefulness of the OhioMeansJobs.com and Labor Market Information websites, all while learning how to use both websites to conduct an effective job search. Please have your OhioMeansJobs.com username and password available in order to fully participate in this workshop.
- Computer and Internet Skills Workshop – This workshop will focus on basic computer skills, including the operation of PCs, using word processors and other software relevant to the job market, exploring the Internet, email, and internet safety. The class will be organized into a two‐hour session divided between instruction and practical application; students will engage with lecture materials by operating computers to execute web searches, learn basic key commands, and create and edit documents and emails.
- Social Media and Networking Group – This free networking group is for executive and management professionals who wish to meet with their professional peers to learn about different trends and theories – all while finding camaraderie in the process. Learn how to use social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, to network, project a professional image, and search for jobs online. Each Social Media & Networking Group meeting presents participants with new and pertinent information, such as networking, “elevator” speeches, and marketing for professionals to increase employment opportunities.
Job Seekers Online Resources
Our official job seeking and positions website. For job seekers OhioMeansJobs can help guide your career search which includes:
- In-Demand Careers
- K-12 Career Exploration
- Online Training
- Employment Programs
- Career | Job Fair Events
- Career Pathways (exploration)
- Budget Calculator (Salary requirements)
- Occupational Search
- Career Profile
Welcome Veteran Job Seekers!
Veterans Receive Priority of Service at OhioMeansJobs Medina County
At OhioMeansJobs Medina County, veterans receive priority of service, meaning a veteran or other covered person (a veteran’s spouse) is given priority of services delivered by our center. These services include employment placement and training.
Additionally, when veterans need other assistance, we can help provide linkages to community organizations dedicated to serving veterans.
Information Center for Ohio Veterans
Veterans in Ohio have an edge in finding their next career. Ohio values the service and sacrifice of its veterans; to that end, on OhioMeansVeteranJobs.com you’ll find a wealth of information to help you make a smooth transition into civilian life
Veterans, Ohio values your service and has the top careers, employers and transition tools to help ease your transition from active duty to a new career
Military Crosswalk Search
Search codes or titles from the Military Occupational Classification (MOC). This is a method to assist employers and those exiting from the military to align their skills with their civilian counterpart.
My Next Move
Search Engine where prior military experience is linked to civilian careers.
Medina County Veterans Service Office Resources
The best way to get connected to various veterans benefits is to visit your local Medina County Veteran Services Office, which offers numerous resources including emergency financial assistance, searching for military records, honors and awards, updating your discharge, and many other veteran benefits.
210 Northland Drive, Medina, OH 44256