Welcome to The OhioMeansJobs Medina County!
We help job seekers identify and overcome employment barriers.
We can help job seekers find employment goals by providing free services including:
GET STARTED WITH ORIENTATION! It’s the first step to participate in our workshops and classes at OhioMeansJobs Medina County.
OhioMeansJobs.com Is Ohio’s on-line job matching website which is a gateway to local, regional and state employment. This is a free state service to employers and job seekers. The “One-Stop Center can provide assistance to both the job seeker and employer in the exploration and use of this service.
One-on-one Career Counseling Meet one-on-one with an experienced Career Counselor who can guide you through the unemployment process including career assessment, interview preparation and career coaching.
Our Resource Room – OhioMeansJobs Medina County offers job seekers free use of free Internet-connected computers for job searching, job application completion, and resume submission in our Resource Room. We can also make copies and send faxes. Disability services are provided upon request.
Job Matching Services – Our Center has created a “job matching system” by entering all of our registered job seeker’s resumes into a database where employers can review and identify potential employees.
Workshops and Classes
Our classes and workshops provide job seekers with the skills necessary to find gainful employment. Please see list below and link to sign up.
- Resumes: Your Professional Roadmap – The class will discuss how to use a resume as a marketing tool that bests represents you. We will review resume format, discuss the importance of keywords, skills and accomplishments, highlight what to include in a resume, and what to avoid.
- Resume Lab – We want every participant to leave this workshop with a completed resume. Please bring your completed MS Word formatted document on a flash drive or email it to yourself (so that you can upload it) and we can proof and make edits in our computer lab. Class size is limited.
- Modern Interviewing – This workshop outlines the steps to prepare for an interview, identifies typical interview questions and answers, and discusses proper follow-up to increase the likelihood of employment offers.
- Computer Basics – Learn the first steps of operating a computer in improve your employability. Class size is limited.
- Microsoft Word 2010 – Learn the use of Microsoft Word 2010 including formatting document, copying, pasting, editing, and working with graphics. Hands-on computer use is part of the class. Class size is limited.
- Networking for Employment – Learn the principles of networking along with the tools required to successfully promote your skills and experience. There will be a short introduction to LinkedIn to get you started so that you can take our LinkedIn Fundamentals class.
- LinkedIn Fundamentals – This session is to help you improve your already established LinkedIn account. Learn how to develop your LinkedIn profile to maximize your profile, contacts, and learn how to find jobs and establish important connections. Please bring you LinkedIn login information. Class size is limited.
- OhioMeansJobs & Labor Market Info – We show you the job search versatility of the Ohio Labor Market Information and OhioMeansJobs websites. Refine your job search with job/industry growth projections, occupational exploration, skills search, and employer locator. Learn how to use the statewide job matching website to conduct an effective job search. Please bring your OhioMeansJobs login information. Class size is limited.
- Job Search Basics – Take the first steps in formulating you job search strategy by focusing on the right skills and experience for today’s employment needs.
- Promoting Yourself through Interviewing and Networking – Learn the secrets to effectively market your skills and accomplishments to employers and finding employers through people.
Groups and Outreach Programs
Management Group – This free networking group is for executive and management professionals, seeking to meet others, learn different trends and theories, and finding employers through people.
Job Seekers Online Resources
Our official job seeking and positions website. For job seekers OhioMeansJobs can help guide your career search which includes:
- In-Demand Careers
- K-12 Career Exploration
- Online Training
- Employment Programs
- Career | Job Fair Events
- Career Pathways (exploration)
- Budget Calculator (Salary requirements)
- Occupational Search
- Career Profile
Welcome Veteran Job Seekers!
Veterans are a Priority of Service
Ohio veterans have an edge…
Ohio is proud to provide priority service to the approximately 900,000 veterans and military service members who call Ohio home.
Information Center for Ohio Veterans
Veterans in Ohio have an edge in finding their next career. Ohio values the service and sacrifice of its veterans; to that end, on OhioMeansVeteranJobs.com you’ll find a wealth of information to help you make a smooth transition into civilian life
Veterans, Ohio values your service and has the top careers, employers and transition tools to help ease your transition from active duty to a new career
Military Crosswalk Search
Search codes or titles from the Military Occupational Classification (MOC). This is a method to assist employers and those exiting from the military to align their skills with their civilian counterpart.
My Next Move
Search Engine where prior military experience is linked to civilian careers.
Medina County Veterans Service Office Resources
The best way to get connected to various veterans benefits is to visit your local Medina County Veteran Services Office, which offers numerous resources including emergency financial assistance, searching for military records, honors and awards, updating your discharge, and many other veteran benefits.
210 Northland Drive, Medina, OH 44256